Terms & Conditions
Use of the UK Website
Our Contract with you
Orders for the Products
Your Right of Cancellation
Returns & Exchange Policy
Your Product Reviews
USE OF THE ERBORIAN UK WEBSITE
This Website is operated by or on behalf of ERBORIAN, which is part of L’Occitane Limited, a limited liability company with registered company number 03278335, whose registered address is at:
21 Bedford Square
Please note that the address details for customer service queries can be found at the bottom of this page.
The Website is provided to you for your personal use subject to these Terms and Conditions.
By using the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
We reserve the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time for legal or regulatory reasons or to allow the proper operation of the Website.
The content of the Website, including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks and logos is protected by copyright, trade marks, database right and other intellectual property rights, and belongs to ERBORIAN. You may retrieve and display the content of the Website on a computer screen, store the content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute, or use for commercial purposes, any of the materials or content on the Website without our written permission.
Except to the extent expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions, you are not allowed to:
• Republish, redistribute or re-transmit any of the content on the Website;
• Remove or change any content of the Website or attempt to circumvent security or interfere with the proper working of the Website or any servers on which it is hosted; or
• Create links to the Website from any other website, without the prior written consent of ERBORIAN, although you may link from a website that is operated by you provided the link is not misleading or deceptive and fairly indicates its destination, you do not imply that we endorse you, your website, or any products or services you offer, you link to(and do not frame or replicate the home page of our website, and the linked website does not contain any content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, indecent, offensive or which infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party.
Except as expressly set out here, nothing in these Terms and Conditions gives you any rights in respect of any intellectual property rights owned by ERBORIAN Limited and you acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading or using any content of the Website.
Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that the services at the Website will meet your requirements, that the services will be fault-free, or that the Website will be available at all times.
OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
These Terms and Conditions apply to all products supplied by ERBORIAN; ERBORIAN UK' or 'we/us'. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and retain a copy for future reference.
No contract exists between you and us for the sale of any products until we actually dispatch the products to you. Once we do so, there is a binding legal contract between us.
The contract is subject to your right of cancellation, set out below.
We may change these terms of sale without notice to you in relation to future sales.
ORDERS FOR THE PRODUCTS
The description of the products you order will be as shown on the Website at the time you place your order. Whilst we try to display the colours of our products accurately on the Website, the actual colours you see will depend on your computer and we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on deliver. For practical reasons the packaging of our products may vary from what is shown on the Website.
The products are subject to availability. If, for any reason beyond our reasonable control, we are unable to supply a particular item, we will inform you as soon as possible, and refund or recredit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the products, unless you wish to accept substitute goods of equivalent quality and price.
Our online store is available for non-commercial customers only. We reserve the right to refuse orders from businesses or orders that we consider are for commercial or other non-domestic concerns. We reserve the right not to supply products to individual customers in response to orders where it is reasonable to assume they will be reselling them. The products are not intended for resale.
Every effort is made to ensure that the prices shown on the Website are accurate at the time you place your order. If, by mistake, we have under-priced an item, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the stated price. If, by mistake, we have under-priced an item which we have offered on a purchase with purchase or special price basis, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the stated price.
If, by mistake, we have under-priced an item which we have offered on a gift with minimum purchase basis, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the stated price. If, by mistake, we have under-priced an item, and this under-pricing means that your purchase value is no longer sufficient to entitle you to receive a gift which we are offering on a gift with minimum purchase basis, we will not be liable to supply that gift to you. If an error is found, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling your order. If you cancel, we will refund or recredit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the products. In addition to the price, you will be required to pay a delivery charge for the products, as shown in the section of the Website about Shipping Rates and Options. The price of the products and delivery charges are shown in pounds Sterling and are inclusive of VAT.
ERBORIAN UK delivers to any addresses in the UK, not including Channel Islands. We use B2C & Chronopost to deliver your order. If you wish to order products to be delivered outside of the UK, please visit our global website www.erborian.com. If there is no one at the address given who is able and competent to accept delivery of the products, you will have the option to arrange for an alternative delivery date or be given additional information about the collection of the products. Delivery options and average delivery times are set out below.
A working day is any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a UK bank or other public holiday.
Standard UK Delivery
No matter how many items you order, our standard UK delivery rate is £3.95.
We are able to deliver your order within 3-4 working days.
Standard delivery is FREE for orders of £29 or more.
UK Next-Day Delivery
Our UK express service rate is £5.95. Order by 1pm Monday to Friday.
YOUR RIGHT OF CANCELLATION
If you are a consumer, you have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to the end of fourteen days after you receive the products, see below.
To exercise your right of cancellation, you must give written notice to us at the address or email address shown below, giving details of the products ordered or their order number.
If you exercise your right of cancellation after the products have been delivered to you, you will be responsible for returning the products to us and send the products to us without undue delay and within 14 days after the day in which you let us know that you wish to cancel the contract . The products must be returned to the address shown below. You must take reasonable care to ensure the products are not damaged in the meantime or in transit. You are not able to cancel a contract where:
(a) sealed goods are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if the goods become unsealed after they have been delivered to you; or
(b) the products become mixed inseparably, according to their nature, with other items after delivery.
If you cancel a contract we will:
(a) refund the price you paid for the products, however, please note that we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not permitted in a shop;
(b) refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery option available;
(c) make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event:
(i) if you have received the product and we have not offered to collect it from you: 14 days after the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us;
(ii) if you have not received the product or you have received it and we have offered to collect it from you: 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the contract.
Refunds will be processed via the same method used by you to purchase the products, unless you expressly agree another form of payment with us.
If you return a product because it is defective or we have delivered the item to you in error we will refund the price of the products in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs of doing so,(we estimate that such costs should not exceed the value of the products. In other circumstances, you will be responsible for the costs of returning the products to us.
RETURNS & EXCHANGE POLICY
It is ERBORIAN’s intention to satisfy our customers. For this reason, we will gladly issue an exchange or a full refund to the original credit card for any unopened merchandise that is returned within 28 days of the date of purchase. All items must be unopened and in a saleable condition. Please, note that it can take 7 to 14 days for a return to be processed.
We cannot offer exchanges or refunds on any opened or used products.
Any promotional gifts received with products must also be returned.
To return your items, simply head over to the Royal Mail website and print your returns label.
You can then drop it off at any post office or Royal Mail customer service point.
Upon receipt of your parcel, we will contact you to organise the exchange or refund.
By card or Debit card:
We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, AMEX and KLARNA.
ERBORIAN takes online security very seriously.
To check the security of our Website, simply look in the lower bar of your browser when you fill in your payment details. You will see an unbroken key or closed lock, showing that encryption is active and your information is secure. For security reasons, we strongly recommend that you do not send credit card numbers by standard email but use the secure facility provided on the Website.
When you place your order on the Website you are offered the use of an advanced secure server. The secure server software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Encryption creates billions of code combinations to protect each transaction made on the Website, so your card details cannot be viewed by anyone else using the Internet.
No credit or debit card details are stored once your order has been placed, unless you have given us permission to do so. Credit card information is stored safely and securely.
We guarantee to comply with the standards, procedures and requirements laid down in the UK Data Protection Act 1998 to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully.
Occasionally ERBORIAN offers promotions through e-mails, catalogues, and advertisements. Once you sign up for our ERBORIAN email newsletter, you may receive e-mail promotions and offers that include special codes for special free shipping or other discounts. To sign up for our e-newsletter please visit our Email Signup page.
Promotional codes, unless otherwise stated, are to be redeemed only on ERBORIAN.com, one gift per customer, not to be combined with any other promotion or discount, while stocks last. ERBORIAN reserves the right to substitute the gift with another one of the same or similar value.
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect your legal rights.
We shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
If we are in breach of these Terms and Conditions, we will only be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result to the extent that they are a foreseeable consequence to both of us at the time you use the Website. Our liability shall not in any event include business losses such as lost data, lost profits or business interruption.
This does not affect any liability we may have for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence or from our fraud, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
These Terms and Conditions will be subject to the laws of England. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the United Kingdom.
For further information about our products, or to deal with any queries, please contact our Customer Service Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0800 358 1159 (UK).
Or send your letter to:
Capital House 25 Chapel St, London NW1 5DH, United Kingdom
YOUR PRODUCT REVIEWS
General terms and conditions of use
Purpose of the "Your product reviews" service
1) The Service, accessible via the address www.erborian.uk, is a platform that allows consumers to leave opinions, advice, tips, suggestions, information and recommendations (the "Opinions") on the products marketed by Erborian that they have used and to give them a rating that may vary from one to five stars.
2) The messages published by users of the Service are testimonials of individual experiences and express personal opinions. Erborian provides the Service with a space to store their Opinions with a view to putting them online. The information, text and content contained in the Opinions of the users of this Service are the responsibility of their contributors. Consequently, Erborian shall not be held responsible for such content.
3) In the context of specific loyalty programmes, Erborian may offer the consumer a consideration for the publication of his or her Review on a product. This consideration will be offered to the consumer regardless of the content of the Review. Erborian may also decide to offer some of its products to people so that they can test them and then publish their opinion on these tested products.
Erborian undertakes to publish the testimonials submitted on the Site subject to compliance with the following moderation criteria:
-Erborian reserves the right not to publish messages that are incomprehensible, outrageous, defamatory, malicious, racist or unrelated to the products concerned.
Furthermore, Erborian reserves the right to modify the length, spelling or certain terms of the testimonials for reasons of moderation or in order to improve the editorial consistency of the Site.
Persons posting a message grant Erborian a ten-year license to reproduce, publish, translate and distribute their testimonial in all Erborian communication and promotional media worldwide.
In the event that your review is not published, we will endeavour to get back to you to find a better way to satisfy you. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other Erborian consumers.
Form and content of Reviews
1) The user of the Service agrees to write a Review on a product that he or she has actually used.
2) This Review must include a title and a rating in the form of a number of stars, ranging from 1 to 5 stars.
3) The Service may not be used to disseminate content that contravenes public decency, public order, the rights of others or applicable laws and regulations, such as, in particular -Any abuse of the freedom of expression, such as comments consisting of systematic or non-objective criticism, as well as comments of a denigrating or malicious nature; - Content of a violent or pornographic nature, or which is likely to undermine respect for the human person or his dignity, equality between women and men or the protection of children and adolescents -the presence of personal information, such as first and last names, a telephone number, a precise physical address or an e-mail address; - the total or partial reproduction of content protected by intellectual property rights and for which users do not have rights, as well as messages constituting the infringement of a registered trademark.
4) Users shall refrain from using the Service for propaganda, canvassing, soliciting or proselytizing, for professional, commercial or political purposes (such as advertisements, "spam" content or references to products of other Brands, commercial offers or websites...).
Reviews must not contain:
- critical comments about other Reviews published on the Site or about their authors;
- medical comments about products;
- comments about another product unrelated to the product being reviewed;
- random characters or series of words without meaning;
- comments about the safety of a product (possible intolerances, etc.).
Erborian invites all users wishing to express their opinions or obtain information on the safety of products or problems encountered during orders to contact our Customer Service Department 0800 358 1159 (cost of a local call from a landline) from Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., or by e-mail at email@example.com.
5) The Reviews must not contain e-mail addresses, URLs, telephone numbers, postal addresses or other information (name, first name, etc.) that would allow the user to be identified. In order to submit a Notice, the user must fill in certain mandatory fields, including contact information that is not visible or accessible by other users and that allows them to communicate with the user. To this end, the user undertakes to provide accurate and valid means of contact.
7) Users are also prohibited from hindering or disrupting the operation of the Service. Users shall not incorporate documents, software or any other information into the notices posted in the storage space provided by Erborian that may damage the computers of other users or that may allow unjustified access to other Internet sites.
Control and Publication of Notices
1) Minors under 18 years of age wishing to leave a review of an Erborian product through this Service must obtain prior authorization from a parent or legal guardian. Erborian may ask any minor user to provide proof of such authorisation and, if necessary, refuse to publish the review concerned.
3) Erborian reserves the right to modify the length, spelling or certain terms of the Opinions for reasons of moderation or in order to improve the editorial consistency of the Site.
4) The Reviews are presented by product from the most positive to the least positive (from 5 stars to 1 star), then from the most recent to the oldest.
5) Any content published on the Service may be used at Erborian's sole discretion, in its entirety.
In order for users to be able to benefit from a relevant Service, they agree that the Opinions published may be deleted, in particular in one of the following cases:
-the Opinion published is more than 12 months old,
-the product which is the subject of the Opinion is no longer offered for sale by Erborian,
-the product which is the subject of the Opinion has been modified in such a way that the Opinion is no longer relevant in relation to the initial product.
1) The texts, graphic elements, software, music, sounds, photographs, images, videos, databases and any other work present on the Service are protected by the intellectual property code. Users undertake not to reproduce them without the express written consent of Erborian and not to extract data from the databases used on the Service.
2) By submitting their Review on the Service, users expressly consent, free of charge, to the publication, reproduction and representation by Erborian of all or part of their Review on the Erborian products concerned, as well as their pseudonym, by any means of reproduction and representation and on any promotional media worldwide, for the entire duration of the legal period of protection of intellectual property rights and any extensions thereof.
3) The media used may include graphic and paper media, audiovisual, computer and digital communication media such as CD-ROM, DVD, Internet, and all known or future media.
4) This authorisation includes the possibility for Erborian to freely use all or part of the Notices, to reproduce them, modify them, delete them in whole or in part, adapt them, publish them, translate them, create derivative works and distribute them, particularly for commercial, promotional and advertising purposes.
5) by publishing content, the user of the service commits his responsibility as an author. In the event that, by publishing on the Service, the user wishes to quote, refer to, display or reproduce all or part of a content of which he is not the owner or author, and this solely for the purposes of information, dissemination or promotion of this content for the benefit of their rightful owner, this user undertakes to systematically quote the source and the credits
1) In the context of the Service, Erborian collects and processes personal information, in particular the name, first name, pseudonym, city, age group, sex, skin type and hair type of users who intend to post a Review on the www.erborian.uk website.
2) Only the fields followed by an asterisk on the collection form are mandatory information in order to leave a review on the Service. The username is thus mandatory to share a review. On the other hand, information relating to age range, sex, skin type, hair type are optional. Once you have created your account and saved this data, it may be reused, with your prior consent, in the context of this review.
Users of the Service are informed that all or part of their personal data collected by Erborian may be used by Erborian, and where applicable by its service providers acting on Erborian's instructions, to disseminate the Notice on Erborian's current and future public communication media, including but not limited to electronic communication services (in particular the website www. erborian.fr or any other possible variation on any mobile device) and/or marketing and/or advertising communication media (emailing, mailing, advertising banners on the Internet, point of sale promotions, etc.) published by Erborian.
4) The personal data that will be used for this dissemination may be: the username, city and/or country of residence, age group and gender, skin type and eye colour of the user who has submitted the Notice.
5) In accordance with the applicable law on the protection of personal data, users have the right to access, rectify, oppose, limit, port and delete data concerning them by writing to the following address: Erborian – Erborian Customer Service Capital House 25 Chapel St, London NW1 5DH, United Kingdom, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.