Everything you need to know to find the BB cream that suits you best!
BB cream benefits are no longer a secret. Part makeup, part skincare, these miracle cosmetics provide not only immediate smoothing effects but also long-term results. They even out complexion and conceal blemishes instantly while moisturising the skin to preserve its natural beauty. They can even become one of acne prone skin’s best friends; As a matter of fact, some of them help clear imperfections to get skin as smooth as a baby’s.
BB creams come in a variety of properties and shades to improve skin texture in a matter of seconds! But which one should you choose? What is the best BB cream for your skin type? Which shade? Which properties? Here are our tips to make sure you pick the best BB cream, the one that will make your skin look perfect. :)
The best BB cream for your skin tone
First of all, in order to make sure your BB cream leaves an ultra-natural finish, you want it to suit your complexion perfectly: the product must match your shade to correct blemishes and even out skin tone properly.
Our BB creams (BB Cream and Super BB) come in several shades to adapt to every skin type:
● Clair: for porcelain complexion or fair skin with rosy undertones.
● Nude: for light beige skin tone, with fairly neutral undertones.
● Doré: for slightly golden and tanned skin.
● Caramel: for dark or mixed-race skin.
● Chocolat: for dark skin (only available in Super BB).
Learn more about these shades here. Our advice: The best way to find the right shade for your skin is to lay out a little sample of the product directly on your jawline (instead of the top of your hand or your neck). It is a colour match if it disappears when you pad on it. Read our article on how to choose the right bb cream shade to learn more about it.
The best BB cream for your skin type
Skin needs are very different from one person to another. Whether you have normal skin, sensitive skin, dry skin, combination skin, oily skin or even acne prone skin, let’s find the best BB cream for you.
● If you have sensitive to dry skin, choose a BB cream with a hydrating or nourishing formula. It must be packed with moisturising ingredients to help boost and restore the skin’s natural defence system.
● If you have combination, oily or acne prone skin, the most important factor is to pick a formula likely to regulate oil on the surface and to clear skin. The best BB cream must then be packed with powerful active ingredients that reduce imperfections and act as anti-inflammatories.
Our BB cream's breakthrough high-tech formulation is suitable for all skin types. Thanks to its high concentration in Ginseng, Licorice, Ginger and Jojoba seed oil, it promotes skin healing and helps to prevent dehydration day after day.
Even if our BB cream is also appropriate for blemish-prone skin, our Super BB is even more so! This boosted formulation, enriched with Niacinamide (a powerful ingredient for clearer skin) effectively clears imperfections to reveal your “baby skin”. Whatever your needs are, we've got you covered. :)
The best BB cream must have SPF
We all know that we need to protect our skin from the sun's rays all year-round! This is why many cosmetics include sunscreen in their formula. Most BB creams do, so make sure yours contains SPF. Always go for a minimum SPF 15. At Erborian, all our BB creams have an SPF 20.